More people today are turning to their smartphones to make in-the-moment purchasing decisions than any other time.
Recent research from Google has found that:
- 82% of consumers turn to their mobile device for product research while in the store.
- “Near Me” searches have increased by 34X over the past two years.
- 91% of people turn to their phone for ideas or advice while doing a given task.
One example of this is someone working in the kitchen and they accidentally break something, according to Google, 62% of them will turn to their smartphone and buy a similar product immediately. In these Micro-Moments consumers make decisions quickly and without loyalty to a specific brand.
What are Micro-Moments?
Micro-Moments are the fractured, intent-driven moments consumers find themselves in throughout the day.
- Standing in line at a grocery store
- Picking their kids up from soccer practice
- Waiting at the airport for their flight
Anytime they can look at their mobile device they are more than likely wanting to know something, go somewhere, do something or looking to buy a product.
So what does this mean for your business?
In today’s fast-paced world people look to their mobile devices more than ever in Micro-Moments, and they fall into these areas:
- I want to Know moments
- I want to Go moments
- I want to Do moments
- I want to Buy moments
This is the new battleground for brands. People no longer sit down at their computer and spend the afternoon researching a product because all the information they could ever ask for is right there on their smartphone. This is what Micro-Moments are all about. Competing for quality, relevance and usefulness are all factors that companies need to take into consideration to capture this new audience.
If consumers are looking to take immediate action, should you?
The demand for relevance is key. When they act in these Micro-Moments, expectations are high and patience is often low. You must ask yourself,
- What is the consumer looking for?
- When and where are they looking for it?
- What would make this easier?
- What would make this faster?
- How can I make this more consumer friendly?
In today’s world people are turning to their smartphones more often than ever. Quality, relevance and usefulness are the most important aspects to not only gaining new customers, but also retaining them. The new battlegrounds for brands is right in front of us, get started today by identifying your Micro-Moment.
Contact Us for a free consultation: 316-841-4238